Key Steps for Patent Landscaping Analysis
Patent landscaping can be a complete analysis of extracted data linked to a particular technology domain. These data includes past and provides status of the technology in corresponding market, its future insights, associated IP information, competitive intelligence in addition to technology transfer. Patent landscaping carried out in a very optimal way to acquire better results.
Key steps for patent landscaping analysis
1. Determination & interpretation of client`s aim or purpose
– Study of background information regarding the client`s aim or purpose.
– Identification of technological aspect behind the client`s aim or purpose.
– Figure out the necessity of general market trends level, the place that the client desires to launch his product that may be either at national level or global level.
2. Setting up of the keywords library to discover the new queries
– Identify the related significant terms.
– Search proper synonyms words because of these terms.
– Identify the proper keywords, completely from the invention background & its technological aspects.
3. Data extraction with better patent portfolio management
– To proofread the final results of novelty or patent search, non-patent literature (or scientific literature) search is also required.
– During searches, appropriate filters or restrictions must be taken including priority date (or date of filing), IPC class, USPTO class, patent expiry date etc.
4. Design a primary format for landscaping report and check with client
– Discuss already searched technology curves and trends with client.
– Try to solve out confusions or problems related to landscaping search results.
– Prepare a flow chart or work flow type report using your assumptions or ideas linked to client`s aim or question.
5. Re-establishment of keywords library for final search and analysis
– Add new terms or concepts those are generated after seeing client.
– Finalise the goal of landscaping search.
6. Cover Landscapers in New Braunfels TX regarding to technology advancement and general market trends
– Freedom to Operate (FTO) search is required for example each time a client desires to launch his product or technology especially country, then FTO search is critical to avoid the potential risks of infringements.
– Appropriate awareness of IPR laws related to client`s aim or purpose.
– Procedures and regulatory fillings should be known prior to the launching of the latest product or technology.
– Non-patent literature search provides far better and proof read results.
– Relevant IP survey about competitor companies or big players of same technological field.
– Proper SWOT analysis is essential to generate more future insights for your new product or technology.
– White space and gap analysis is also imperative that you find safe and potential research domain.
– Propose an improved and strategic business planning cool product or technology that’s going to be launched.
7. Assemble all extracted data and place them within the final report format
– Use of proper data representation tools such as charts, graphs, tables, work-flows etc.
– Write down all references or links.